The BlueSkyBlue Atmos 5 layer flying suit is the Worlds FIRST and ONLY 5 LAYER flying suit.
It is manufactured with 260gsm of insulation as follows:
1. The outer CORDURA ® fabric which is windproof and has a great tough feel for durability.
2. The inner middle layer is 80gsm THINSULATE (TM) made by 3M. The unique microfibres of ThinsulateTM Insulation are about ten times smaller than the fibres of most other synthetic insulations, which means they’re much more efficient at trapping air, and more effective at keeping you warm. It also means more fibres can be packed into the same space, where they can reflect back more of the body’s radiant heat without being bulky.
3. The middle layer is 100gsm POLYFILL QUILTING. This is a superior insulating material which is designed to retain body heat as much as possible.
4. The outer middle layer is a further layer of 80gsm THINSULATE (TM) made by 3M.
5. The suit lining is black BOSKY, this is a new material in our suit range which is dyed using only azo free materials in the production process and has improved wear properties.
In addition, the new Atmos 5 layer suit has been manufactured with 5 more pilot friendly features and available in 5 sizes (S,M,L,XL & XXL) in the following colors: All Black, Black/Red and Black/Mid Blue.
This garment is designed for use in cold weather:
1) Drawstring on collar for snugness
2) High quality YKK zips used throughout with storm flaps.
3) Pocket YKK zips also covered with outer flaps for style and protection.
4) Inner flaps on the three main zips
5) Large Clear Plastic pockets on the thigh with Velcro fastening for maps, radio frequencies, etc.
6) Adjustable and elasticated cuffs
7) Two way YKK zips on legs mean you can access your trouser pockets.
8) Central YKK zip also two-way, allowing male flyers to have a convenience break without removing the suit.
9) Generous breast pocket for radio, camera, mobile phone or pda.
The Large, XL & XXL available in two inside leg sizes: Regular and Long.